COVID 19: Update on Alive4life Response to outbreak
Hi to our valued Alive4life clients, carers, friends and team,
We are writing to update you on the measures Alive4life have commenced in response to the Corona Virus outbreak and our efforts to protect our community. Most importantly we wish to assure everyone that your health and wellbeing are our top priority and we take this matter very seriously.
The team at Alive4life have been monitoring the outbreak very closely to develop a realistic and effective response across our organisation. Our current response is the mitigation and analysis of risk with further preparations to manage a potential pandemic in accordance with the Federal Governments Corona Virus Emergency Response Plan.
As of Monday, 16th March we have enacted our organisational emergency response protocol stage 1. This means we are taking a number of measures to protect our wellness centre, residential living homes and the homes within the community that our team enters and deliver services within. As well as protecting our staff, clients, carers and wider community. These responses will impact on our services, however we are endeavouring to minimise disruptions and inconvenience where we can.
These measures include;
- Restricting all visitors to the wellness centre and residential homes until further notice and limiting contact between people within the wellness centre
- Increased daily cleaning and disinfecting of all spaces and surfaces
- Offering more centre based activities for our group based clients with outings restricted to quiet areas that are not being accessed by other community members
- Regular symptom assessments for centre based and residential based staff and clients with plans and supports in place where self isolation is required
- Providing all onsite and offsite staff with PPE packs for the duration of their shifts
- Onsite full time staff to work from home as often as possible
- Support Coordination will continue their division in a work from home environment with all home visits and person to person meetings suspended until further notice.
- Community based supports will continue on a case by case basis with ongoing assessments of the health and wellbeing of everyone involved. Staff have received further advice in hand washing, hygiene and personal protective equipment to minimise the risk of transmission
- Cancellation of all community events until further notice
We understand that these decisions have a wide reaching impact, including impacting other organisations and services. Alive4life respectfully request that open and transparent communication be our top priority as we work hard to continue to support the needs of our clients and greater community. Our goal is to collaborate with our team, clients, carers, stakeholders and the greater community to proactively respond to this pandemic and minimise risk and impact to our community.
Alive4life will continue to update you with further information and advice. Please, if you can any concerns or questions, give us a call or send us an email.
Stay well Everyone!!!
Alive4life Disability Services Team
After School Art Program – DETAILS TBC
OPEN DAY @ Alive4life Wellness Centre – DATE TBC