Why is Community Participation Important?
- It can lead to improved wellbeing outcomes for our clients and their carers (in relation to health, employment, education, income and life satisfaction outcomes).
- It can lessen longer-term care and foster independence.
- It provides a social outlet to build meaningful relationships.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
Capacity Building Group – Monday
Each Fortnight Monday – We have a volunteer Group that links up with OCP at Bargo. A
food distribution hub that provides to low income families and families in crisis.
Capacity Building Group – Wednesday
The Group is skills based in accessing the community to increase independence, access and utilise public transport, promote skill building in the community.
A person-centered approach to work at your own pace. We take the time to listen to what
you need so you can develop the skills you want while increasing your independence.
- Personal care support;
- Assistance at mealtimes;
- Support to visit libraries, parks, shops and other community services;
- Assistance with budgeting;
- Transport training and support;
- Aid to attend appointments.